Happy New Year everyone! I hope all of you have a wonderful year, with many magical adventures ahead of you.
Naturally, there’s a couple of things that I ought to mention. The first being my recent lack of posts on my blog, which I’ll explain in more detail at a later date. The important thing is that I’m back now and will resume my regular postings.
However, there are a couple of new changes that you many have noticed. Firstly, the new name! ‘Sophie’s Blog’ has now become ‘Love and Literature’ as I thought it’s about time for a name change. But it’s still the same content focusing on mental health and literature, just with a little more unique name. Secondly, my regular weekly post date has changed from Sundays at 8pm UK time, to Mondays at 8pm UK time.
Anyway enough nattering, on with today’s post. I’ve never really been into the whole ‘New year, New me’ theme, I prefer to follow the quote: ‘Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself’ - George Bernard Shaw. I believe that our experiences in life, both the good and the bad, shape us to create you and your personality, attitudes, etc. as a whole. So, my resolutions this year aren’t necessarily goals or aims, more a guide or some ‘ground rules’ to work from. So, here they are:
1. Acceptance - Often, people wish for happiness. Only I ask myself to accept both who I am and my illness. To understand that I may not feel or experience life as others can, but that's okay.
2. To Read More -I'm a book blogger, of course I'm gonna read as many books and delve into as many fictional worlds as I can ;)
3. To Challenge Myself - To do something outside of my comfort zone.
4. To Bullet Journal - I admit, I've been scrolling through Pinterest like there's no tomorrow, gazing lovingly at all of the amazing bullet journals out there and I've decided that I'd quite like to start one of my own. And what better time than the start of a new year!
5. To get to know you - You right there, yes you! Why are you reading this wee little blog of mine? Do you connect with similar experiences? Enjoy the same books? Reach out, have a chat. I don't bite. Well, maybe.
6. Allow you to get to know me - I've been blogging (on and off) for a few months now. But, how much do you really know me? Generally speaking, I'm quite an open person so if there's any burning questions about who I am or my story - send me a question or two.
7. To say yes! - Okay, little bit of a random one. I've denied some incredible opportunities due to fear and anxiety, and y'know what, I kinda wish I'd said yes. So, my resolution is to try to not let my mental health stop or prevent me from new experiences.
8. To be consistent - Primarily, to be consistent with my weekly posts! Although, as you know, when my mental health takes a turn for the worse and all sorts of horrible thoughts enter my head, the last thing I feel like is writing. But I remain hopeful :)
9. To forgive - Continuing from my last point, to forgive myself for not writing or completing a task.
10. To continue - Another odd one. I have a track record for starting something, whether a task, a hobby or new job and before I know it, I've convinced myself to quit. I hope to continue tasks, and stick at my current job, and ignore the little voice of depression telling me to quit. I am good enough. I can do this.
These are my resolutions for the new year. What are yours?
This picture belongs to Wix.